Welcome


Welcome to 'Quench the appetite',

 Image: Shutterstock

My name is Joelle, I am creating this blog to highlight current issues  surrounding water in Africa. From my title you may deduce this blog will be about food and water, the two of which are inextricably linked. Water needed for the production of food is a pressing issue in light of exponential global population growth, in the upcoming months I will be paying particular attention to countries effected within the diverse continent of Africa. 

Writing about Africa may prove to be a challenge as I, of course want to avoid falling into general sweeping statements or stereotypes that have become inherent to discussions on Africa from the West. I aim to create this blog as an interactive discussion space, so if something interests you, there is something you would like to be discussed, or you disagree with anything I have posted, please leave a comment! I want to portray Africa in all its vibrancy and success, as well as present some very real challenges affecting its population. 

Lastly all pictures posted will be gathered from various internet sources and will be credited to the best of my ability, but are not my own.

I will be updating weekly, hoping to cover a different story under sub-themes of water and food, such as precipitation patterns and famine, agriculture and the input of NGOs, to name a few. 

Thanks for reading.


Comments

  1. Great Introduction Joelle. You have clearly laid out the main topics you will be addressing and the main reasons you are blogging. I like how you have given us an insight to next topic you will be discussingin your blog. I look forward to reading your weekly posts and learning more about the 'vibrancy and success' of Africa!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts